Friday, February 27, 2009

An Exciting Announcement

Dear dedicated reader,

It seems strange to qualify anything that I write to you, dear reader, as ‘personal’ since my account of my experiences here can only be described as personal. But I have a personal update that doesn’t have to do with anecdotes of delightfully incorrect sentence structure or classroom management or even cheating on exams.

I’ll be staying here in India for another year and even better than that: I’ll be staying here in Kadod! Our Foundation is expanding our program model to two additional schools in the surrounding area next year and over the past few months has been discussing the possibility of hiring an India Director to manage its operations in country. I’m happy to share that as of this morning, that person will be me! While the decision to trade in my chalk and duster for a mobile and mobility is my own, it does seem strange to choose a student-less existence after three years of working with students full-time.

Oddly enough, in an unpredictable twist to my own story, it seems I cannot get enough of Gujarat. That, however, will not stop me from returning to the U.S. from April 8th to June 2nd. I will be in Philadelphia, New York and Boston during that time, so if that is in your general direction, let’s connect.

Best,
Cat

5 comments:

joanne yoong said...

Yay! This is the most amazing piece of news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the position! If you have any inclination at all to come to Providence (which you should!), let me know--I'd be glad to give you a place to stay. Alternatively, it would be lovely to see you in Boston...

- Julia :)

Anonymous said...

Yey! I'm glad to hear that worked out. Let me also press an offer of hospitality onto you... Of course you are welcome to come to Ithaca, but better yet if you want to go down to the DE beach (and the Larrimor's beach house) for a day or two with us we could totally work that out.

~Laura

Unknown said...

buddy,

Glad to know you made the decision. It was so so so good to talk to you about your life and your plans and everything. keep me posted on which moths are good ones for planning travel adventures to see you....

Anonymous said...

This Women's university got established in 1984 by Tamilnadu Government at Anandagiri. Its goals are learning and research with focus on women and their problems. Mother Teresa Women's university earns a distinctive place in the higher educational system as, the only university devoted to women's issues.

The University is of unitary type which offers monitory, consultancy services and research in the area of women's studies.Women University in India The university offers diverse courses whose academic programme is pivoted around women's studies in the discipline of Economics, Education, English, Human Ecology, and Consumer studies, Historical studies,Pshycology, Socioliogy, Tamil and computer science.